Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weekly Update

So, I'm hoping to post at least once a week while things with the adoption are pretty slow going and we are busy with summer activities.

On the adoption front, we received our fingerprint appointments from Immigration! I was not expecting them this soon at all. They are still waiting for a copy of our home study (which hasn't even started yet) and with Grayson's adoption we didn't even get an appointment until they received it. So, this is a good thing. We will be fingerprinted on June 12th. After that, they will wait for a copy of our home study. Once they get that, they can issue our final approval to adopt an orphan from Ethiopia. With Grayson's adoption, and in most cases, this is the last piece of paper we will be waiting on before being placed on the waiting list. So, if all goes well with the home study, we could be on the waiting list by Aaron's birthday as we hoped! In other adoption news, we are still waiting to start our home study. We sent our application to our agency a couple of weeks ago and are waiting for them to assign us to a social worker. We are going with a different home study agency this time in order to save some money ($600) and I'm hoping this wasn't a bad decision. I'm trying to be politely persistent.

In other news, we spent the Memorial Day weekend in Tennessee on my Mom and Dad's houseboat. We all had a great time and Aaron was very excited to get to take the boat out for the first time. We were all extremely nervous to take it out and I believe we narrowly missed taking a slide off the back of a houseboat next to us! But, Aaron made docking the 48-foot beast look like a breeze! I was so proud of him!

I think that's about all that has been going on around here! Grayson and I are loving the nice weather and spend as much time as we can outside!
Grayson helping Daddy drive the big boat!

Grayson on the playground.

No comments: