Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Abram's First Haircut!

Well, we finally broke down and got Abram's hair cut! He had been needing it for quite awhile, but I was so afraid I would end up regretting it. However, it just got to be so much to handle each morning. It would get extremely frizzy in the back where he slept on it, and no amount of product seemed to be helping. Plus, what 18 month-old wiggle worm wants to sit still while his mom loads him up with product after product! Not to mention, once I got it tamed in the morning, it was the same battle after nap time.

So, on a whim, I asked around at Wal-Mart if any of the stylists felt comfortable cutting his hair. The manager said she did. I was so nervous as I sat there holding him on my lap. I was just sure he would throw a fit. But, much to my surprise, he sat perfectly still the entire time! He didn't even flinch at the sound of the clippers. The stylist called him an angel! And, she did a great job! There are plenty of little curls left on his head...just not nearly as many in back!



In other news, it looks like I will be returning to BSF in December! I will just be returning as a member, but I am so excited to get back into a daily/weekly study of the bible. The daily lessons that BSF has you do always speak to me in just the right way. I can always apply something from that lesson to a situation I'm in that week. BSF is the reason I survived the 8.5 month wait for Abram' referral. And, it's exactly what I need to get through each day with 2 toddlers! And, even better, BSF is starting an infant program in January. So, I will able to take both boys to BSF! What a blessing! I just hope BSF is ready for these two:)

1 comment:

Amber said...

He's so handsome.