Thursday, April 14, 2011

Adoption Update

I realize it's been months since I posted an adoption update. Quite frankly, this is the boring part...paperwork. It's so exciting to begin thinking and praying about adopting and then announcing to family and friends, but then we seem to go through a rut for several months. Sure, we're excited, but this is where I begin guarding my heart, trying not to get TOO excited, you know?

This time around the paperwork has taken FOREVER! And, it's been totally out of our hands...which is a little frustrating. One of our background checks took forever, holding up the release of our home study. Then there was Christmas, New Year's, and a million other reasons for people to be out of their offices not working on our documents:) But, we're getting very close now! We received our I-171H in the mail the other day. This is a letter from the federal government saying we've been approved to adopt internationally. Now we are double and triple-checking all our documents and getting ready to have them authenticated by the Secretary of State. After that, they will be on their way to our agency.

Once we are placed on the waiting list, we expect to wait 6-8 months for a referral. Honestly, in the world of adoption, it could turn in to 6-8 years:) So, we're excited; yet, guarded:) And, with all kinds of changes happening in country to ensure that adoptions remain ethical, the wait after referral is growing. We will certainly be leaning on God to get us through the wait!

The boys and I are really enjoying the nice, spring weather we've been getting. Our magnolia tree out front is in bloom and is so pretty! But, with the nice weather, comes the dandelions! TruGreen will be coming to the rescue soon!

Here are a couple pics of the magnolias and dandelions:)


No comments: