Whew! It's been a CRAZY couple of weeks. I should probably back up a few weeks. Aaron and I were driving home from a wonderful Easter weekend with our families and I commented that it would be so nice to finally have that big, old farmhouse just a few miles from our family. It's a discussion we have often, but for one reason or another, it's not the "right time." But, this time is different. Aaron has a job that allows him to work from home 3 days a week and he would only have to travel an hour each way the other two days. In the next year or so, I will have 3 small children!!! I/we need the support of our families! Oh how we would love to be able to go to dinner and/or a movie and know that boys are having a better time with their grandparents than they would be with us:) I think Aaron and I are at the point that we're tired of waiting on the "perfect time" to relocate closer to home. While we're waiting for that "perfect time," perfectly good years are passing us by!!! So, on what we felt like was kind of a whim, we put our house on the market!!!! Our realtor was very realistic about the market and we were expecting things to move very slow. Within hours of being on the market, we had our first showing! And, they haven't stopped!!! We've had NINE showings in seven days...with only two days of no showings. To say we are a bit overwhelmed is an understatement. It's not easy to get two little boys cleaned up, out the door, and leave the house spotless with an hour notice. But, we are super excited about the idea of living in the country with a little land and being so close to our wonderful families!!!
In the midst of all this, our dossier has come back from being authenticated in D.C. and will be heading to Ethiopia TOMORROW!! This means as of May 13th, 2011 we will be on the waiting list for our little girl! AHHH! I know I will have days where the waiting will be hard, but overall, I know she will be home in what feels like "no time." Which, quite frankly, is a little scary. We've been in "paperwork mode" for the last 5-6 months and haven't spent too much time really thinking about what it's going to be like to have another little one at home:) Oh, it will be so nice to be so close to family when she comes home!!!
That's about it for now! Hoping the next post will be about us selling our house and buying a new one:)
Here are a couple of pictures from my wedding photography class the other night. It was so much fun practicing on a live model!


2 comments:
Congrats on finishing your Dossier! Such a great feeling!
Exciting stuff, Emily!
Post a Comment