Sunday, April 15, 2012

Another project

I've been in "organization" mode since getting the girls' referrals. The thought of adding more people and stuff to our house has me motivated to get everything in its place. One area of the house that tends to clutter quickly is the back entryway and laundry room. We come in and take off shoes, coats, and backpacks. Several months ago, we bought this for shoes. This has by far been our best Ikea purchase!



Over the last several weeks, I've been working on painting the laundry room and bathroom at the back of the house. We have another door coming into the laundry room, and also have shoes and coats gathering here. So, I chose a nice light, blue-gray to brighten things up, and painted the trim and door white. I don't have much wall space because the washer/dryer covers one wall, windows cover the opposite wall, and doors are on the other two walls. So, I decided to make the most of the space under the windows. It was the perfect height for hanging hooks for the kids' coats and backpacks. I decided to make it more fun by buying little chalkboards off Etsy and using chalkboard markers to write their names. Now, they each have a hook with their name on it:)

1 comment:

Jana said...

Emily,
I love the chalkboard hooks! What a great idea!