Last Friday we got an email from our agency stating that our file had been submitted to court! Woohoo! We should find out our court date in the next 2 weeks or so. At that point, our court date will probably be about 4 weeks out. So, we may be meeting our girls for the first time in about 6 weeks! I cannot wait to hug and kiss them and just spend a few days getting to know them. They seem like such happy little girls. And, as excited as I am for this step, it makes me start to dread having to LEAVE them in Ethiopia after our court trip. We will return home, without them, and wait for the U.S. Embassy to assign them a visa. This is taking between 3 and 5 months right now. I remember all too well the feeling of leaving your child in a foreign country and trying to return to life as normal. It physically hurts. I don't want to have to do it again. But, it is so worth it in the end:) Stay tuned for our court date announcement in the coming weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment