Wednesday, July 08, 2009

10 days until departure:)

Well, I don't have too much to say, other than we are getting everything together for the trip and are trying to take plenty of breaks to have some fun before life gets a little more complicated (and joyful)!

We had a great 4th of July at Dale Hollow, knowing that it may be a little bit before we get brave enough to take 2 toddlers out on a lake! Grayson had a great time with his cousin Ellie.

Today, we went to Monkey Joe's with Rita and Toby. Monkey Joe's is a place filled with bouncy houses, mazes, and slides. The boys had a blast!!! And, the best part is, parents are allowed to "assist" children under 4. So, I of course decided Grayson needed a lot of help on some of the really big slides:) Needless to say, Rita and I had as much fun as the boys!

There was some disappointing news in Ethiopian adoptions today. An agency will be closed for the next two weeks and will not issue opinions for court cases scheduled during this time. This means that those cases will be reassigned. However, we are coming up on the rainy season, so there is not a lot of time left for cases to be heard before court closes for a couple of months. Please pray for the families that this effects!

Here are a few pictures from Monkey Joe's.


3 comments:

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

We are looking forward to meeting the newest addition to your family. Safe travels and we will see you soon.

Jeremy and Sheila said...

Yeah!! I know it's been a long wait and I am so excited for you that you get to hold your little one in your arms soon!! I may be too late but was wondering if you would have room for a small care package or if you would be able to take some pictures for me. If you do could you email me at sheila_jeremy@yahoo.com

Suzanne Stem said...

We have Jumpin Monkey - the kids love it. I was also wondering if I could send you a small package for our little boy. I know it's Monday night and you leave in a few days but if you could email me at suzannestem@embarqmail.com.