Friday, July 17, 2009

Off to Ethiopia!

Well, today is our last night at home for awhile. We leave tomorrow for Liberty to take Grayson to his grandparents. We will then leave from there in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday to head to the airport!

I still can't believe it's really here. I have a feeling the whole week will seem surreal. Tonight we switched the extra carseat (in Aaron's car) over to the van. Aaron's vehicle all of the sudden looks bigger, quieter, and, let's face it, boring. The van, on the other hand, looks smaller, much more chaotic, and absolutely blissful! I've been waiting over a year to look over my shoulder and see both of my boys in their carseats...that day is only a week away!!!

The guest house we are staying in has dial-up internet. So, I'm hoping to update the blog with a picture or two at least once while we're gone.

And now, I leave you with a very short video of the precious little boy I am going to miss so dearly while we are away (have I mentioned we've only been away from Grayson one time and it was for a couple of days).


2 comments:

Ryane said...

I can't believe you guys are leaving this weekend!! I am so excited for you! Which guest house are you guys using? Are you flying ET Air or Emirates?
Have a wonderful time!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

love, Ryane

PS: Have I mentioned that I have NEVER in 4.5 years been away from Trey overnight. Should be interesting. At least Jim will be home with him.

Elisabeth said...

Oh Emily - I am so excited for you I could squeal!! Savor each moment!!

Love,

Ellen