Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A little over 2 months....

...and we are seeing HUGE progress in this family! We've had some tough times in last couple of months, but we are seeing so much positive change. It is such a testament to God's work in our hearts and in Abram's.

For starters, nap time and bedtime are finally getting easy! I lay Abram right down for his nap with no protesting! Occasionally, he's not quite ready and I have to go back in, lay him down, cover him up, but that's pretty rare. Bedtime is about the same. We got through our routine, I lay him down, and Aaron usually has to go in a couple of times to cover him up. We figured out that he would go to sleep much faster if Aaron went in versus me. I think he's so attached to me, that it became difficult for him to fall asleep if I kept coming in when he cried.

Abram is getting more and more comfortable with Aaron. He enjoys playing with him, will let Aaron feed and bathe him, and let him hold him. Now, if he has a choice, he wants me. And, he still gets upset sometimes when I walk out of the room and leave him with Aaron. He's my little "cling-on." But, we did make huge progress last week when I left the house for an hour to volunteer at Matrix. Aaron said he never even acted like anything was "off."

And the really fun stuff; we're starting to see Abram communicate with us more and more. He waves and says, "bye-bye." He puts up his hands and says, "all gone." And this week, he started using his signs for "please" and "thank you." I'm so proud of him! He is really starting to come out of his shell and show us that wonderful little personality. The greatest thing is just seeing him have fun and laugh...God is so good.

Such a beautiful smile and spirit!

Kisses from big brother.

Two happy, little boys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see my precious little nephews--oh yeah and my sister :) I miss and love you guys so much. I'm counting down the days til I can see you!!