Gladney received our dossier the very next morning. However, we were still waiting on some documents from the Secretary of State's office in Texas. All documents have to be authenticated by the Secretary of State in the state the document originated. So, the adoption agency has some documents (they are in TX) that had to be authenticated as well. I was getting very anxious, but at the same time I knew this would give our coordinator plenty of time to look over our documents. She got back with me within a couple of days and let me know the dossier looked PERFECT! Wow! I was half expecting to have to redo at least one document.
I tracked our documents coming from the Sec. of State in TX and found out they arrived on Monday. So, I called our coordinator last night and she said the whole dossier would be sent out to Washington, D.C. today! This means we are on the waiting list as of TODAY! So, start counting...we will see our little boys face 3-5 months from TODAY! Honestly, it is really surreal and I don't think it's sunk in. It probably won't until we actually receive our referral.
So, now I just have to keep myself busy for the next several months. Which, won't be that hard to do. We have Grayson's 2nd birthday in a month and a half. Grayson and I start Bible Study Fellowship next month, then we get into the holiday season and that always flies by. It would be wonderful to receive a referral by Christmas, but I don't want to start getting my heart set on a particular day.
I am also going to keep myself busy by focusing on saving and raising money over the next few months to take to Ethiopia as a donation to the orphanages we will be visiting. So, I should definitely stay busy!
I haven't posted pictures of Grayson in awhile, so here are a few.
4 comments:
Congratulations on being on the waitlist! Exciting times!
Ellen
congrats on making the waitlist. Praying it goes quickly!
Yeah!!!! By the way, Grayson (one of my favorite names) is a cutie!
Congratulations!!! We were just added to the waiting list, too. We're so excited!
Dawn Hollomon
thehollomons.wordpress.com
Post a Comment