We've been on the waiting list one week today! And, in honor of Grayson's hero, Thomas the Tank Engine, we have used Thomas to illustrate the number one. So, we have one week down and, honestly, I haven't been thinking about our referral too much. More than anything, I think I'm just glad to be done with the paperwork for awhile.We had a very nice holiday weekend. We started off by heading home to Liberty to see Aaron's family. On Saturday, we had a surprise party for Aaron's grandma's 70th birthday. It was really nice to see everyone. Grayson played very well with all his second cousins. He was so tired by the end of the day, but he was a trooper! On Sunday morning we headed down to Tennessee to Mom and Dad's boat. It was VERY HOT! We had a good time grilling out and relaxing on the new raft Mom bought to tie to the back of the boat. It has a little mesh area that Grayson could sit down in and play. He wasn't too sure about the cool water at first, but quickly got used to it and had a great time playing. We got back to Lafayette around 8 p.m. last night. Even though we were sad the weekend was over, it was nice to be back home. And, it's nice that it is already Wednesday!
I'm getting excited about starting my bible study class next week. Since Grayson is a month shy of two, we will have to take him to the YMCA while I am in bible study. Once he turns two, I can take him with me and he will go to a bible study at the same time I have mine. I think it will be great for him to have a couple hours a week of structured fun. I know he's only two, but I don't think you can begin teaching good listening and following direction skills too early. And, it is so nice that he will be learning the same bible stories I'm learning.
Well, I believe that is about all that has happened in week one of waiting. Here are some pictures from the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment