Wednesday, September 17, 2008

3 weeks waiting....

That's right...we've been on the waiting list for 3 weeks today! We're moving right along. And, once again, we've enlisted the help of one of Sodor's favorite engines, Henry, to illustrate the number 3. I'm telling you, this Thomas stuff is addicting. I sometimes think I'm more into it than Grayson is.

Yesterday we went to Aldi's to pick up some groceries. When we got home, Grayson had a great time playing with the boxes we used to carry in our groceries. So, while he took his nap, I transformed one of the boxes into Thomas using some construction paper and markers. He has had a great time playing with his new Thomas box! Who needs to pay $275 for a battery-powered Thomas when you can use $1 worth of paper and make one!?! He has been doing everything in his box. He sits in it to watch TV, have a snack, or to play with other toys. And, he's been pushing it all over the house so he gets much more exercise than if he was riding around on a battery-powered one! It's definitely the best hour I've spent in a long time. Here are some pictures of Grayson and my Thomas box creation. We have another box just like it, but I think I'll hold off making another engine!



No comments: