Friday, September 05, 2008

Story time and Baby names

Nothing too exciting to post. Grayson and I went to story time at the library downtown today. It was his first day in the toddler story time versus the baby story time. He did fairly well. He doesn't quite grasp the concept of sitting on the carpet squares. He preferred to stand. And jump. After each book he would clap and then say, "DONE?" I had to keep explaining that we weren't done yet. I think he was hoping for more of a run around the room and jump and scream free-for-all. But, he was very patient and listened to 3 stories and participated in the little songs and games. At the end of story time they have a craft. Today's theme was "Things that Move." So, we read books on cars and trucks and then made a little book with cut outs of different vehicles. He did pretty darn well for his craft time. He liked the glue stick. His cousin, Coleson, King of Arts and Crafts, would be very proud. I of course dated his little craft and intend to save it for the rest of my life.

I've been giving more thought to baby names. This is what happens once you're placed on the waiting list...you begin obsessing about all the details! Aaron and I both really like Beckett. But, my new favorite is Abram. I don't know if I would use it as a first name or middle name, but would like to incorporate it somehow. I was drawn to it in church the other Sunday. We were reading scripture from Genesis. In Genesis 12:1, God asks Abram to leave his country, his people, and his father's household and go the land God will show him. Abram up and leaves without questioning God. I think this is the kind of faith we are asking of the children we adopt. Without question, our son will leave his country, his people, and his father's household and come to live with us. So, I feel Abram would be very fitting. We'll see. Only time will tell!

No comments: