Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dossier is in Ethiopia!

Aaron got online last Friday to pay some bills and noticed a FedEx charge of $30 and one for $140! I suspected the $30 charge was the cost of Gladney sending our dossier to the State Department in Washington, D.C. and then on to the courier who would deliver it to the Ethiopian Embassy. But, I was a little baffled by the $140 charge. So, Aaron logged onto our FedEx account and sure enough, there was the charge. He called FedEx and they informed him that it was our dossier on its way to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia! All 1.4 pounds of it cost $140 to ship! Holy cow! I guess I won't be shipping any little care packages over to our baby boy! But, the cool thing is that it only took like 5 days to get there! Sometimes it takes 5 days for Mom to send me a package from Liberty to Lafayette! The dossier went from D.C. to New Jersey to Paris to Dubai to Addis Ababa. How neat! So, this means our dossier arrived in Ethiopia on September 8th and is now being translated to Amharic (the language spoken by many Ethiopians). This will take several weeks as our dossier was upwards of 30 documents! It's comforting to know that while we wait, we're still making progress!

No comments: