So, with that big decision behind us, I went to Target and bought some Thomas sheets. I thought for his birthday we could get his big boy bed all set up. Then, I found someone selling a bed rail for $8 on Craigslist. Well, with that taken care of, I couldn't possibly wait an entire month for his birthday to roll around. So, on Friday, Aaron took the crib down and carried up the twin bed. We then all went upstairs and started putting the bed together. When I started putting the Thomas sheets on, Grayson could hardly contain himself! He was soooo excited about his new Thomas bed that he got up on the bed, covered up, and laid down in the middle of the day! I didn't think we would ever get him out of bed.
That night he did really well going to bed. He laid right down and fell off to sleep within a few minutes. Nap time and last night didn't go as well. His first nap time he got out of bed two times. One time he must have gone right up to the monitor and yelled because it was EXTREMELY loud! He then stood on his bed and started taking things off of a shelf hanging above the bed (we take the things off the shelf now). But, he eventually fell off to sleep. Last night it took him about an hour to fall asleep. But, I think it will continue to get better and better as we go. A lot depends on how tired he is when he goes to bed. It wasn't unusual for him to take a long time to fall asleep in his crib - we just didn't have the worry of him getting out of bed!
So, once again he is growing up too fast, but it is so exciting! Here are a few pictures of him in his new bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment