It's Monday and I'm Very Motivated!
Not sure what has gotten into me (maybe it was the lack of sleep last night) but I'm feeling really motivated today! Not like my typical, run around and clean the house motivated. This time it's more, I'm young and I need to being doing more to be a better person, motivated. I had seen a little blurb in our church bulletin yesterday about at Walk for Life being held here in Lafayette in a few weeks. It's a little late to get registered and get sponsors and do all that stuff. But, I did get online and look a little more in depth at the organization. It's a non-profit organization whose main goal is to offer pregnant women an alternative to abortion. I've always been pro-life, but feel even more so now that I have Grayson and another one on the way. What if my precious boys' birth mothers lived in societies accepting of abortion? Would they be here today? Their birth mothers chose to give them life despite all they had working against them - it's the kind of courage we need to inspire in expecting mothers in the U.S. So, I called about some volunteer opportunities. Sounds like they really need people willing to do pregnancy tests and counsel the women about the results. I would have to go through some training, but can do it at my own pace. I think this would not only be an excellent opportunity to help in the community, but also a way for me to feel like I'm having an impact on the world outside the home. It would also be a great resume builder and networking opportunity for when the time comes to head back to work. So, I should be receiving some additional information in the mail soon.
I also decided today to sign up for Weight Watchers Online again. I did the program for about 4 months after Aaron and I got engaged and lost quite a bit of weight. I decided it was time to give it another try. With the stress of Grayson's adoption, I gained about 10 pounds. I really don't want to do that this time so I figure I've got to make a preemptive strike! Plus, it really wouldn't hurt to shed a few pounds and be in better shape before the next one comes home! I stay busy enough as it is...I can't imagine how physically demanding 2 boys will be! So, here goes nothing!I'll leave you with a few pictures of Grayson from today!

No comments:
Post a Comment