Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11 weeks on the waiting list!

Today marks 11 weeks waiting for a referral. It has gone about as quickly as expected, but has been much smoother than I could have dreamed! We have thrown ourselves into life: going to bible study, volunteering, spending time with family, getting excited about birthdays and holidays, etc. Yes, I'm beginning to get anxious, especially as we are close to entering the 3 month "window." But, at the same time, no one has received a referral in 3 months for a long, long time so we are beginning to set our sights on 5 months. I believe that is when I will begin to get very anxious, like "jump every time the phone rings" anxious! I remember getting this way with Grayson's adoption and it is NOT a good feeling. You just go around on pins and needles all the time and getting your referral is all you can think about. But, as I've said several times , this time I have the benefit of seeing just how perfect God's plan for our family is and will be much more patient (I'm trying to convince myself of this whole patience thing).

Well, good thing I just convinced myself of how patient I would be! I just got an email saying that Gladney has upped the wait time to 4-6 months, and that includes the entire 6th month. So, basically some people could wait nearly 7 months. But, this isn't really anything I didn't already know based on the current referral trends. Ahhh, the unknowns of international adoption. But, I am just so encouraged that overall there seem to be no major problems with the Ethiopia process. Things in Guatemala got so shaky at the end and eventually ended in the program being shut down while new legislation is developed. Just pray that the process in Ethiopia continues to run as smoothly as possible so that these children can find homes.

No comments: