
This past Saturday evening we got together with the families from Lafayette adopting from Ethiopia. It was our second get-together and it was so wonderful to catch up with where everyone is at in the process. Three families now have their referrals! We got to see pictures of 2 of the little boys! They are absolutely beautiful! I thought it would make me very anxious for us to receive our referral, but it really didn't. I mean, of course I'm very excited, but I'm still feeling very patient and at peace with the wait. One family has their court date tomorrow! If all goes well and they pass the first time around, they will be heading down to Ethiopia and will be there just in time for their little boy's first birthday! Pray that they will be together as a family on his birthday.
It was so wonderful to hang out with these families on Saturday. They are just truly wonderful people. It's amazing how connected you feel to everyone because of the common thread of adoption. I look forward to getting to know these families better in the future. Thanks again Ailor's for hosting!
No comments:
Post a Comment