Yesterday, Grayson was upstairs and walked into the nursery/guest room. He pointed at the crib. I asked him whose bed that was and he said, "Abram!" He then looks at the crib, puts his hands in the air, and says, "Abram GONE!" Yes, Grayson, Abram is gone. We don't know where he is. He's hopefully in the Gladney Care Center by now growing bigger with each day that passes. It was a great moment to talk about Abram being in Ethiopia like he was in Guatemala and how we loved him even though we didn't know him yet.
In other, exciting news, Aaron passed the exam he had been studying for for months! He is now a CCIE (Cisco certified internet expert)! This is a HUGE accomplishment as there are less than 20,000 in the world and only about 6,000 in the U.S. He worked so hard for this and I am so proud of him for achieving this HUGE goal! I have to admit, it is nice to have him back in the evenings. Most nights for the last several months were spent studying...and it paid off!
Here are a couple of pictures from last week. Grayson and I went to the Children's Museum and met my sister, my nephews, and niece there. The kids had a great time playing together. Grayson cried for his cousin Ellie as we left the museum that day!
5 comments:
I know how you feel. I've been thinking a lot recently about all the things I thought we would be doing as a family this summer. I thought I'd have my first Mother's Day. I thought I'd get to take the baby to this fun local park with sprinklers and water toys. I thought he would get to be the "camp baby" at student ministry camp. Praying for good news soon!
I am sorry things have been so tough and I am sure it was a bit heart wrenching when Grayson said Abram was gone. I hope you have a brief respite from rough days and that the call comes soon!!
Peace!!
Way to go Aaron!!! Hang in there guys...just when you least expect it, the phone WILL ring :) Praying for you!!!
Yeah, another boy referral!!!! Whoo hoo! We're getting closer!
Of course, now there have been 6 referrals in March - we may be approaching overload - funny, the closer I get the longer I think it will be.
Peace - I am trying not to stress.
Post a Comment