Tomorrow marks 27 weeks. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I'm getting impatient to the point that it's getting downright hard. But, on the other hand, I know each day is one day closer. It just begins to become hard to constantly adjust your expectations. I had told myself back in January we still had a long time. Then, there were several boy referrals in a matter of a couple of weeks. I let myself believe that it would be sooner than I originally thought. Now, we're back to maybe one or two referrals a week. And, none of them have been boys lately. So, I'm back to thinking it will never happen:) The upside to this mindset is that when it does finally happen, I will be totally surprised!
Right now, I'm focusing on praying for the families that have court dates this week and next. There are 3 families in Lafayette with approaching court dates. One is this Friday. I am so prayerful that they pass this first time around. She visited her little boy in Ethiopia in January and he was very sick. They have obviously been extremely worried about him since then. It is very important that he get to come home soon. The other two families have court dates next Friday. One family is our neighbors! I am excited that their little boy is very close in age to Grayson! The other family has been waiting so long. Their referral took NINE months! I cannot handle 9 months, Lord, please don't test me in that way! Please keep these families in your prayers!
On a happy note, Grayson and I had a wonderful day yesterday. We met up with two other moms and their little boys and went to the Children's Museum! Both families we met through our Lafayette Ethiopian adoption group. The boys (and moms) had sooo much fun! It was a great day. We were laughing about what it would look like next year when we try to go with our 6 children! I forgot my camera, but will try to get some pictures from one of the moms that remembered her camera.
2 comments:
Hey!
I totally know the ups and downs you are talking about...the gazillion referral in January. Then the scant few in February. As long as I see them pop up I know the day is coming. Hang in there! Our days are coming!!
ellen
You're going a little nuts?? *grin*
I am not having fun today! LOL!
One day my phone will ring...it will be Mary...it will be good news! Doesn't look like a today thing.
Peace - your day is coming soon, too!
Post a Comment