But, what I can put into words is how we're doing. Each day is getting better and better. Abram is really starting to feel more comfortable here at home. And, he does really well getting out of the house and going to the store, out to eat, or to play at a park. He just doesn't let me get very far. He still sobs every time I walk out of the room (unless I can sneak out really quick while he's busy playing). So, I've learned to do A LOT with 23 extra lbs. on my left hip (it certainly provides incentive to never gain 23 lbs.). Our lifesaver around here has been going outside to play. There are some days we are outside playing by 8 a.m. (3 weeks ago, this is what time Grayson woke up). The kids love being outside swinging, riding bikes, pushing bubble mowers, playing in the pool, you name it. Grayson seems to be a little better about not taking things away from Abram when we're outside or at a park where nothing is "his." Grayson is doing really well considering how tough it must be to see me constantly tending to every one of Abram's needs. We're doing our best to do special little things for Grayson, but what he wants most is our attention and that can sometimes be really hard since they don't play too well together, yet (Abram is a little sensitive about Grayson getting too close or too touchy...it's hard to predict what he likes/dislikes).
Nap time and bed time are getting much better. Grayson is such a trooper and has totally been a lifesaver. I have to sit with Abram at both nap time and bed time until he falls asleep. Thankfully, Grayson will wait downstairs and watch a show while I lay Abram down for a nap. Grayson will then go upstairs and lay in bed with a book until he falls asleep (we used to read books, rock, it was a 20 min. ordeal). Abram is also doing better through the night. Most nights he will sleep through the night or wake up once. He is quickly comforted and goes right back to sleep. A good night's sleep makes all the difference in the world with these two, energetic toddlers!
Now, what you really want...pictures:)
4 comments:
So glad you are doing well! I didnt realize Abram was so big:) He is precious and we cant wait to meet you-hopefully at the pic-nic.
May the Lord bless you with strength and endurance to run the race that is before you. May He bless your day-Ashley Skiles
You so scare me about how similar our lives are! Much the same here but the sleeping has gotten down awesome at night but bad a nap..he is much better about me having to hold him but I do have to most of the time:) He really wants me to always take him somewhere but I have to have time for him to unwind before bed or that's a mess then too!
Love these guys!!!
Ah, their pictures are precious!! Glad things are starting to settle down, I'm sure you have your hands full but sounds like you are doing an awesome job!!
Post a Comment