So many things happening!
This has been a very exciting week in our household! After much thought and prayer, I decided I was not going to be able to teach bible study this year. It meant leaving Abram with other caregivers 2 mornings each week and we know he is just not ready for that. So, with our days wide open, I began looking for a preschool that had openings for children just barely missing the "3 years old by Sept. 1" cut-off. I found a preschool in West Lafayette that has a 2.5-3 year old classroom! Their afternoon program had openings. We went to visit and Grayson got very excited about "his school!" So, yesterday was his first day of preschool! I can't believe how big he has gotten. He really needed something to look forward to each week that was just his and not something he had to share with Abram! From what I can gather, he had a great time and looks forward to next week! And, an added bonus, the school is very diverse! Of the 6 kids in his class only 2 are white! I have nothing against white people (obviously), but sometimes there are just so darn many of them! We know that Grayson is getting to an age where he notices differences in people and things and I was so excited to see that he will not be the only non-white child in his class!
And, if preschool was not exciting enough, we signed Grayson up for soccer! He starts next Saturday. It's a 6-week program that meets on Saturday mornings for 30 minutes. I can only imagine what it will be like! I'm sure the kids will be doing about everything BUT playing soccer! I'm envisioning somersaults in the grass (he's been practicing these).
As far as Abram is concerned, he seems to do a little better each day. He still gets pretty cranky and clingy when we spend the night away from the house, but is settling into a routine here at home. I still have not tried leaving him with anyone, including Aaron. If I'm in another room of the house he will be okay for a little bit, but then will start crying and looking for me. We're a little afraid to test him to see if he would eventually calm down. I don't really want to put him through that or Aaron for that matter!



1 comment:
Glad to hear great things are happening! Jaden starts preschool on Monday and I think thats going to be sooo hard. However he has compleatly adjusted and fits like a glove in our family so I know that once we get past this hard beginning part (I am worried he's not going to think I am coming back) then he will love the interaction. Glad to hear Grason has his own big boy life now...Jared started soccer two weeks ago and LOVES it!
Post a Comment