Thursday, January 20, 2011

Photography class

Tonight was my third of four photography classes. I'm really enjoying it! First, I get 2 hours to myself and don't have to wait on a single person! Second, I'm learning a lot. Each week we are challenged to take what we've learned and complete a "homework assignment." I really like that this assignment makes me practice each week. And, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and taking pictures I wouldn't normally take.

Here's my favorite picture from this week's shutter speed assignment. This is the carousel at the Children's Museum. I found a place to sit my camera and set my shutter speed to 8". That means the shutter was open for 8 full seconds (which is why I had to sit it on something to keep it still).



Here's another one from the shutter speed assignment.



I'm really looking forward to this week's assignment on depth of field!

No comments: