Wednesday, January 28, 2009

22 weeks and a beautiful, snowy day!

Today marks 22 weeks! I can't believe we've made it this far!

We got quite a bit of snow between yesterday and last night. And, it's still coming down! All the schools around here were either on a 2-hour delay or were closed, except, of course, Lafayette schools. I don't know if Grayson will ever get a snow day! His little friends that happen to live outside of city limits, however, may never go to school! Despite Lafayette not being on a delay, our bible study leader's meeting was canceled. Which means, no bible study tomorrow either. It will be nice to have the extra time this week, but I'm a little disappointed. I had such a neat day planned for the kids tomorrow. The lesson was about God choosing Aaron and his sons as priests. I had gone to Burger King to get little crowns for all the kids and they were going to get to decorate them and wear them for certain activities throughout the day. Oh well!

We did get a chance to get out in the snow yesterday. I'm hoping Aaron will take Grayson out again today. He really liked it. He just has trouble keeping the snow out of his mittens. I remember putting bread bags over our feet on top of our socks to keep our feet dry! Maybe Ziploc bags would work!?!











1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I love all of your photos and am jealous of snow - living in NC we seldom see it! You should see some of the mud/snowmen that can be made from 1/2 inch of snow!! People get desperate to make the most of it - :o)

I didn't even realize that the people ahead of us are requesting either gender or siblings. I wish they had a blog :P Inquiring minds want to know!!

This is getting exciting!

Peace and have an awesome weekend!

Ellen