Monday, January 26, 2009

Staying busy...but starting to get excited!

We are staying busier than ever with bible study, church, hanging with friends and family...but, I'm starting to get so excited thinking about our referral. Realistically, we probably have another month. But that's not that far off considering we've already waited 5! I'm really starting to think more and more about how old he will be. Most of the little boys referred seem to be between 5 and 7 months old, which is perfect. However, if he were 12 mos. old I would be just as ecstatic. I'm really hoping he and Grayson will be less than 2 years apart. I just know they will be best buds.

Carrie and I are 2 years apart and I think about how much fun we had together. She was always very tall for her age, and I just average. A lot of people thought we were twins and I loved that. We would dress alike just to fool people. She didn't like it as much as I did - she has always insisted on being seen as an individual and not just Emily's sister. I would even try to take is as far as dressing our dolls alike..she often resisted. There were of course the occasional misunderstandings. One argument while playing Barbies led to me throwing a Barbie at her and it's head popping off. The tears instantly turned to hysterical laughter and we completely forgot about whatever it was that had us angry. Then there's the incident that has still not been settled. I dropped a doll down to her out of the treehouse...she didn't catch it. It unfortunately led to the doll's eyes coming loose. You could put them back in place, but the next time you looked over her eyes would be crossed. I of course insisted she play with that doll because she dropped it! She claims she wasn't ready and I threw it prematurely. To make matters worse, when we got in fights I would make my baby dolls say things like, "I don't like Aunt Carrie, she's mean!" Those comments were eventually deemed unfair and were not allowed to be made by either party. Most of time we resolved our arguments without Mom's assistance. On the rare occasion that Mom would step in, she would take us downstairs, stand us against the wall, and read us the riot act. We would instantly join forces either laughing at her as she yelled at us, or our favorite, we would hug each other, cry, and insist we were best friends and Mom was mean. Oh, the fun Grayson and Abram will have!

Totally off topic, but here is a picture of Grayson with the boots we got him this weekend. He loves tromping through the snow! However, he picked some up today without a glove on and started crying!



3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Grayson is sooo precious! I love the boots! My husband asked me about something in April today and I was of the mindset that i would not know what my mindset would be - I could be still waiting for a referral (I hope not), waiting for a court date,waiting for court...I told him I would defer most nonessential decisions to him for the next little bit.I will probably revoke that soon! This is getting exciting!

Peace

Chris and Dawn said...

Girl, I'm started to get excited myself! I'm such a planner, but I hate to be disappointed. So I keep trying to guess when the call might come, but then I try to overestimate in my head so I'm not upset. Ha! Glad you're doing so well!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you guys had chosen the name Abram. So cute!!! I'm sure he and Grayson will be good buddies :) Hope you hear something soon!