Tuesday, March 31, 2009

31 weeks down and Ellen got her referral!!!!

Today has been a good day. We've been on the waiting list for 31 weeks and I'm starting to get the hang of this waiting thing. I have been "blogging" back and forth with my fellow waitlisters today and today was a particularly antsy day for Ellen. Then, I come downstairs, sit at the computer and get ready to focus on my bible study, but have to check my email first. I find a message from Ellen saying she got "the call" TODAY! AHHH! I have been telling myself that I have to stay cool, calm, and collected about this wait at least until Ellen gets her referral! This Friday would have been 8 months on the waiting list for her. So, I know that realistically we may still have several more weeks, but, it's so, so exciting nonetheless!

6 comments:

Chris and Dawn said...

Oh, man, I'm so excited for Ellen!!! Great news today. I needed it!

Elisabeth said...

I pass the antsy-ness onto you - thank you so much for this post! It won't be long!
Peace and love

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

It really is such a gift to share with other bloggers during this journey. How cool that you can celebrate with your friend on her referral. Hopefully she will be celebrating with you, too, SOON.

Laura said...

Yeah Emily! Your turn is coming! btw-- thanks so much for the sweet note in our mailbox-- in the craziness i just realized i forgot to thank you!

Sparkz said...

It is so hard to wait. I hope you hear something soon. Once you do it is all downhill from there. It is just waiting to get the referral that is so hard. Just checking in! Let me know if you hear anything in the next few days so I can take pictures while were there!

Kat & Stacy said...

Isn't it so exciting about Ellen! 1-because we love her and 2-because that moves us all up on the list! (is it ok to be a little selfish about their good news? :-) I think once the A&T family gets their referral...once referrals in the Aug 20's...then I will be a complete wreck! I really feel like we (ya'll, the Hollomans, & us) need to start having some serious prayer/good vibe/send it out to the universe online get togethers! Our time is coming! xoxo-kat