Thursday, March 26, 2009

A day late or a day early

Yesterday marked 30 weeks of waiting...onto week 31. Tomorrow marks 7 months of waiting. Whew! I never thought I would survive a wait this long...but, here I am! You're not getting rid of me that easily. The longer we wait, the easier it gets in some ways. It becomes easier to convince yourself it may never happen, or some days, it just gets easier knowing we have to be getting close. We are officially 5th on the unofficial waitlist (#3 for either gender/boy). As the weather gets nicer, it becomes easier to fill our days - walks, trips to the park, working in the yard, all those wonderful Springtime activities!

There is also a lot to be excited about here in Lafayette. Three different families in the area will be traveling in the next few days to bring home their little boys! I can't wait to meet them at our next get-together. In some ways, seeing others make progress is a little hard. Embarrassingly enough, it causes little pangs of jealously, though I'm so extremely excited for each of the families that have been waiting so long to see their children. But, the flip side is, it gives hope. Hope that this crazy process does come to an end at some point and the outcome is worth the wait ten times over! I remember after Grayson's adoption was final I actually had times that I missed the excitement of the adoption process. Yes, crazy, I know! But, I missed checking my email and finding a new set of pictures. Or, checking my email and finding that we had passed family court or that our DNA was a match, etc. Yes, I actually missed waiting for that call saying we were officially Grayson's parents because though the wait was so painful, the call was more exciting than I could have ever imagined. So, while this 7 months has been painful at times, I am still hanging in there, knowing that when the call does come it will be more joyful than I could ever imagine (and trust me, I have tried imagining it thousands of times in the last 7 months).

So, here's to 7 months of waiting...lucky 7 right? It will happen sometime in this 7th month????

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I think it will happen some time in the 7th month - I do I do!!

Chris and Dawn said...

I'm really, really hoping, praying it happens this month. I may need medication soon if it doesn't. ;)