Monday, March 16, 2009

Grumbling against God

I know I've mentioned how wonderful Bible Study Fellowship is on numerous occasions, but here I go again!

This year we've been studying the life of Moses. And, several of our lessons have talked about the grumbling Israelites. I mean, these people were unbelievable. God spared them from several plagues, delivered them from Egypt, parted the Red Sea, gave them manna and water for 40 years and they still complained! Every time you turn around these ungrateful people were complaining to Moses about something. They didn't trust that God would take care of them, so they complained. WOW. That's what complaining is isn't it? It's a statement of our lack of faith in God. And, even more convicting, ANY complaint is a complaint against God. Ouch...that hurts. How many times have I grumbled in my heart about our wait for our referral. I'm not just complaining against the process of international adoption. I'm complaining against God. I'm flat out saying, "God, I don't trust the situation that You have put me in. I don't believe that you will provide for me." Not only that, but I'm also being ungrateful. God has given me a loving, supportive, domesticated husband, a son that will light up a room with his prescence, a family that would go to the ends of the earth for us, a stable job in an unstable economy, a beautiful house, a group of local families adopting from Ethiopia, and the list goes on and on. But, that doesn't keep me from complaining the first time I encounter a speedbump in this adoption.

I'm done being like the Israelites. I'm ready to be more like Moses. I'm ready to fall facedown on the ground in front of the Lord and cry out to Him and no one else.

AND...there was another baby boy referral today! That makes us 3rd on the list for boy/either gender. Now, the boy referrals have been a little slower coming lately and there are about 6 other families in front of us. So, this means it could still be awhile, but we're getting closer with each day:)

3 comments:

Ryane said...

I am also very excited when I see other people getting their referrals. Totally thrilled for them and also very happy that I can mark another name off the list above us.

You guys are getting SO close! And we are just a little ways behind you! I'm getting antsy!

Ryane :)

Elisabeth said...

You are getting close girly - lots of girl referrals lately I think I counted 7 out of the last 8. Some people including you are due for some little boys!!!

Jebena said...

You've got it! Lesson learned, now, the next time you feel a complaint coming on, just begin to PRAISE HIM...it turns the doubt into greater trust!

LOVE THIS POST!