
Just the other day I got a great email...a true answer to prayer.
My entire life, I've had a desire to help those in need. And, while I wouldn't trade my job as a stay-at-home mom for anything, it sometimes leave me feeling like my mind/talent/desire to give back is being wasted. So, for quite some time I've been praying that an opportunity would present itself that would allow me to find my "place" in making a difference.
That opportunity just presented itself. A friend I came to know during Abram's adoption is, along with her parents, forming a non-profit organization to benefit families in the Mt. Entoto community of Ethiopia. During a trip to Ethiopia, her mother met a man running a Saturday school program for local children. As part of the program, the kids were provided a meal on Saturday. It is a quite popular program and this man found himself running out of funding. So, Connected in Hope is being formed! Connected in Hope will help support a program that is already in place with the hope of continuing to expand.
As part of the IRS process to become a non-profit, a board of directors must be formed. This is where I come in. Ryane so generously asked me to be on the board of directors:) I was so ecstatic and honored I could barely reply to her email fast enough! And, her mom is going back to Ethiopia in March and I'm trying to make arrangements to go with her! While there, we'll spend a lot of time in the villages visiting the family and children in the program. It will be such an amazing opportunity to really feel connected to the organization I will be working with.
Thanks, Ryane for this amazing opportunity!
1 comment:
Emily!!
We are beyond excited to have you on our team. I can't wait to see what God will do in Mount Entoto!!
Thanks again,
Ryane
Post a Comment