Tuesday, June 03, 2008

And the paperwork keeps rolling in!

I got a call from the doctor's office this afternoon saying I could come by and pick up our paperwork today. As you remember, there were very specific forms that needed to be filled out stating we are clear of certain communicable diseases. Of course these forms then needed to be put on office letterhead and notarized. The letter head at the doctor's office has a big band of gray that goes down the side of the paper. That I guess caused some problems and the forms had to be carefully copied. Then, we found out that the entire office building is without a notary! They used to have two working in the building but neither work there any longer. Luckily, our doctor's office has a wonderfully helpful and caring staff! They got the paperwork copied on letterhead, filled out, and arranged for a notary to come to the office so the doctor could sign! I was still holding my breath when I looked at the paperwork, just waiting to find a mistake. But, to my relief, everything looks PERFECT! And, even the notaries commission is far enough out to not give us any problems. Whew! That is a huge relief. It's always hard to relinquish that control and trust other people with your adoption paperwork.

I also dropped off a medical form for Grayson's doctor to fill out. This is part of our Gladney application. They are really good about getting stuff done so I hope to pick this up sometime tomorrow. So, I will be able to send all our medical reports to Gladney for our application, to Children's Bureau for our home study, and we'll keep the originals for our dossier. Things are really starting to come together!

No comments: