We are still working away on the paperwork. I've gotten the pictures together that we need to send. We have to send in pictures of the house as well as pictures of us with Grayson and "special" family events. I'll post a few pictures of the house that I'm sending to our agency. Aaron also received his employer/insurance verification letter from Purdue today. As large as Purdue's HR office is, I was very impressed with how quickly they worked and how willing they were to do everything to meet our specific needs.
I was reading some posts on an Ethiopia adoption forum last night. Someone had posted that they had just gotten court approval and that their little girl was coming home soon. They attached a couple of pictures of the cutest little baby girl! I have to say that those pictures got me very anxious for the day that we receive our referral. I clearly remember the evening we received Grayson's referral. Our coordinator called at 6 p.m. so we knew she had to be calling about something important. She got on the phone and asked us to sit down and then told us she had a little boy for us! She told us his name and birthdate. I remember when she got to the point where she told us he weighed 5 lbs. 7 oz. I just started crying! He was sooo little and precious! She told us all this information and I asked her to repeat something and she said, "aren't you writing this down?" We were so excited we didn't think to write it all down! But, like all mothers, I didn't need to. He was my son and I remembered word for word everything she told us as if I had been right there in the hospital when he was born. Our coordinator said she'd email a couple of pictures and after waiting a half hour to receive them we were DYING! She had forgotten to send them and went home for the evening!!!! Luckily, she realized her mistake when she got home and asked someone else to send them. Finally, we got to see his precious little face! The next day we were to receive a FedEx package with more pictures and all the details. Aaron stayed home from work to wait on the package with me! It was certainly the most exciting time of our lives and I can't wait to get to experience it all over again with this little guy!
We've also been thinking about baby names for a couple of months now. I have always said our second boy would be Anderson Isaiah Jarvis. But, I have heard another name that has made it to the top of our list. So, for all you out there that may be having little boys soon, we have staked our claim on the name Beckett. I'm not thinking of a middle name at this point because we hope to use one of his birth names as we did with Grayson. We want the naming to be completely equal. We will pick their first names, their middle names (1 or 2) will be part of their birth names, and of course their last name will be Jarvis.
Here are some newer pics of the house:
No comments:
Post a Comment