Monday, June 09, 2008

Ethiopia Adoption Group in Lafayette

I'm so excited to say that someone in Lafayette started a Yahoo! group for those of us in the area who are adopting or have adopted from Ethiopia! It just got up and running this afternoon and we already have 5 or 6 different families logged in. I was very excited to see that there are others in the area who have or will have Ethiopian children.

Anyway, so I posted a message on this Yahoo! group and introduced myself. Just a few minutes later, someone posts and says my name sounds really familiar. I get this a lot even though the name Jarvis isn't that popular. So, I didn't think much of it. Then I realized her name sounded really familiar. As it turns out, it's our neighbor. Her, her husband, and their 3 kids live just across the street! I met her when a package for Grayson was accidentally delivered to her house instead of ours. She brought it over to us and I remember thinking how nice she was and that we needed to get to know each other better over the summer. And now, we are going to have so much in common! They are requesting a little boy between 0 and 24 months. So, chances are, he may be really close in age to Grayson and not too much older than our new little one.


I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of Grayson!

No comments: