Thursday, June 12, 2008

Progress and Weekend Plans

This afternoon we head down to Indy for our Immigration fingerprint appointment. Once we are fingerprinted, Immigration runs a very thorough background check. If the background check comes out okay all we have to do is get them a final copy of our home study (we're hoping by mid-July). At that point, we just wait for them to issue our final approval, or our I-171H. This piece of paper says we are approved to adopt an orphan and is necessary before we can be put on the waiting list. So, our goal is to have the rest of the dossier done before we receive this piece of paper. We are making great progress!

On Tuesday, we went to the Sheriff's Department to be fingerprinted so we could send off the fingerprint cards for an FBI clearance. Yes, another FBI clearance. This time, it will go in our dossier. So, after the Sheriff's Department, I ran to the post office to get the money order that we needed to include, and then went to FedEx to overnight everything. Grayson did so well while I ran my errands. In FedEx he sat and looked at a fish tank. I told the guy that worked at the store that I was so glad they had the fish tank to entertain him. He said, "yeah, he liked it so much he went to sleep!" I looked down and Grayson was asleep in his stroller. I can't tell you the last time he fell asleep somewhere other than his bed or the car. I felt kind of bad for having him out all morning running around. It makes me feel even worse when he is such an angel! If only he knew this was all to bring him home a little brother, he probably wouldn't be so cooperative!

I'm looking forward to the weekend and taking some time off from the paperwork, although it always bothers me to take too much time off. We're heading home for Father's Day and then on Monday, Aaron is leaving for New York with Katrina and Drew to help move them to Lafayette. Yay! So, I am going to stay with my parents with Grayson for a couple days to relax while Aaron's loading the moving truck!

No comments: