Thursday, June 04, 2009

Pictures and an update...what a great week!

This week has been wonderful! On Monday, we received an update and new picture of Abram. Here's what they have to say about him this month.

All the toddlers were playing outside when I arrived. I finally spotted K. And he was right where he wanted to be: in someone's arms. He is so loving and snuggled up to me as he observed the other children on the ground. His beautiful face was lit up by the sunlight. He gazed down at the kids in a sort of "I know something you don't know" kind of way. Every picture I took, he looked at the camera with the same no nonsense expression!

T
uesday, of course, was the day we received our court date. And then today, a lovely family that just returned from picking up their son, sent us 5 more pictures of Abram and a video clip! What a blessing to continue to get updates and pictures all along the way! The video clip was cute; he had a kind of deer-in-the-headlights expression the whole time. And, from the pictures we were able to see that he has 4 teeth on the bottom! We hadn't seen any teeth in any of the other pictures, so, this definitely helps us know what kind of foods he will be ready for!

AND, to make this week even BETTER, Chris and Dawn FINALLY received their referral! He is a precious 2.5 month-old baby boy. They had such a long wait. Please pray they will receive a court date before the court closes for the rainy season.

I can't believe our court date is only two weeks away! We're hoping to keep busy so the time flies. On the other hand, I feel like I have A LOT to do to prepare for the possibility of passing the first time around. Grayson and I have been going through his old clothes, pulling out summer things we think will fit. We've also been incorporating some Abram-appropriate toys in the playroom. Grayson is so excited about Abram that he doesn't seem to mind at all that Abram will have a stake in the toy collection. Please continue to pray with us for our court date!

4 comments:

Laura said...

so excited for you!!!! we missed walking with you this week! we are definitely up for next Monday if that works!!

Elisabeth said...

I must say it would be awesome to pass and travel the same week with you. Praying for great court news in a couple of weeks!!

Chris and Dawn said...

I LOVE reading about the updates!!! I hang on every word of the descriptions and hearing about their little personalities. I cannot believe your court date is less than two weeks away! I can't wait for you to get to show the world Abram's sweet smile!

Journey to Jaden said...

We all are going to make it through court...I just know it!! We are going to break all the records and have a great time traveling together!!