Tuesday, June 16, 2009

T minus 2 days...

Only two days until we find out the outcome of our first court date! It seems that lately, families are taking a couple attempts before passing, but it's absolutely possible to pass the first time around. Either way, we will be that much closer to bringing Abram home. As we approach our big day, there are a few specifics that I ask each of you to pray for:

1. That Abram is safe, healthy, and happy.
2. Safety for birth relatives traveling to be in court.
3. That the Ministry of Women's Affairs issues a positive opinion.
4. That all the paperwork needed is in our file and just as the judge wants.
5. That the electricity is on and our case is able to be heard.
6. That the judge rules in our favor and that we legally become Abram's family.
7. That we will handle the outcome, regardless of what it is, with grace.

Aaron and I spent last weekend at Dale Hollow with some friends while Grayson stayed in Lafayette with the grandparents. It was great to get away and take our minds off the upcoming court date for a few days. And, it was comforting to see how well Grayson did away from us for a few days. I think he will do great while we are in Ethiopia. However, I know we may have a few rough days as we get home and make the transition. Yesterday, Grayson was not very patient with me and seemed to get upset over little things but, he was back to his normal, easygoing self as of this morning. I am so excited to see how he reacts when he meets Abram in the flesh! I think it will be a dream come true!


4 comments:

amy-o said...

Sounds like you guys are in a good place! I will be watching closely on Thursday!

Journey to Jaden said...

You are going to make it...praying this week ends as strong as it started with paases!! Hopefully we are traveling together:)

Susan and Chad said...

Hoping you get great news...

Jebena said...

Yes, our family stands in agreement with those prayer request. Stay Encouraged!