Wednesday, April 29, 2009

35 weeks down...how many more to go????

Well, today makes 35 weeks on the waiting list! My feelings about this are mixed. It's become an hour to hour struggle to stay positive. For the most part, we're holding up great! But, occasionally I allow myself to think about the fact that we're a year into this process, or that at this point in Grayson's adoption we were bringing him home, or I allow myself to compare our process with others with shorter wait times, etc. Luckily, these heavy-hearted moods typically only last a couple of hours and then we're off to do something and my pity-party is interrupted:)

One great thing about our referral taking longer than expected is that the court dates seem to be going faster. A couple of months back, referrals were only taking 6.5-7 months; however, once the court date was assigned, the court dates were 12 weeks away! Now, they are up to 8 weeks out! So, as long as we can get a referral and a court date before the courts close for the rainy season (the courts close each year from the beginning of Aug. to the end of Sept.) than we may come out of this just as quickly as people receiving referrals a couple months before us. Honestly, I'm trying to take it one step at a time and haven't given too much thought to what needs to happen after referral. I'm just getting SO anxious to see our little boys face! And to know how old he is so I can buy the little guys some clothes (not that he needs any)!

Oh, how ecstatic I will be when that phone rings and it's FINALLY our caseworker with our referral. Pray that it happens soon, soon, SOON!!!

Here are a couple of pictures of Grayson outside helping us water the grass. He typically gets wetter than the grass:) Oh, and a couple of pictures of our first taste of corn on the cob this season!

3 comments:

Lisa and Peter said...

Hi Emily,

Praying for you and for all of us to get referrals and court dates soon! (We're number 11 on the FBI list). Its coming -- I can feel it in my bones!

Lisa

Ryane said...

Hey Emily,

Getting antsy here too. I saw Sam got her referral today. Finally a break in the referral drought. Your time is coming. It's gotta be.

Praying.
{R}

Heidi said...

I agree that it's better to wait longer on the referral side than on the court side. We know a family who got their referral back in NOVEMBER and they still don't have a court date yet! That's got to be hard! Praying that there will be a flurry of referrals soon to make up for the recent drought! Stay strong, your time is near!!!

Heidi