Never did quite understand why it's called Good Friday...
So, before I go into my recap of our wonderful Easter weekend, I have to start with Friday. Earlier in the week I had called and left a message with Jessica, our wonderful caseworker at Gladney. I had a question about our medical reports (must be updated annually and we are 11 months into this process...yeah, it stinks big time) and about a recent change to the waiting list. So, on Friday she calls back. Let me just say that these caseworkers are amazing people. Day in and day out they work with people who are waiting for their children to come home. A kid on Christmas Eve doesn't even begin to explain the anticipation we feel. This anticipation goes from excitement to worry to frustration and, at times, down right anger. So, Jessica is so kindly trying to answer a question for me she is not at liberty to comment on. She tells me that it's inevitable that it will happen, we're getting closer, we've been waiting so long; there's only so much she can say without disclosing something she's not able to. And for some reason, I was just getting this hopeless feeling - I just started feeling like it was still going to be awhile. And, before I know it, I'm on the phone with her, crying. Yep, after 7.5 months of waiting the tears I've been repressing for months now, finally came. And, wouldn't you know it was to a complete stranger. But, there was something comforting about the fact that she doesn't really know me. I could hang up the phone, dry my eyes, and continue to wait. Jessica was so sweet and understanding as I let 7.5 months of tears work their way out. I have a feeling I'm not the first adoptive parent to let loose on the phone:) So, it was just not a great day. I was just feeling like we've caught so many bad breaks along this wait. First it was 3-5 months, then 6, then 7, now 8, and I have a feeling it could be even longer. It seems that every time we move up a week on the waiting list, the line gets 2 weeks longer. We seem to be getting so close, and then suddenly get further away. And on Friday, it had just been enough.
And, to make the phone call a little more stressful (now kinda humorous); Grayson had dumped a huge thing of balls behind the chair in the office. He can't reach them so he goes to the closet to get the Swiffer sweeper out and tries to reach the balls. Well, he loses control of the Swiffer and knocks the clock off the wall, breaking the glass in it. All the glass was behind the chair so he was fine. But, he then shoves the Swiffer under the chair to try to work the balls out. This time the Swiffer gets stuck under the chair and he breaks the Swiffer handle in half. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this added to the tears.
Anyway, we had a great Easter weekend and it did provide the distraction and rejuvenation I needed. I know we still have a while to wait and I have to be okay with that. It's getting harder and harder to be patient, but I have to in order to keep myself sane. I have about 5 weeks of bible study left and lots of things I could be doing around the house and outside. I'm going to attempt to separate myself from the computer a bit to make days go a little faster. I believe that God will work this long wait for the good and someday I will look back on this wait and it will seem like the blink of an eye.
So, I will leave you with a couple of pictures from the weekend. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

3 comments:
Emily, I am thinking about you guys and praying for you this week!
I am here if you need me.
Emily,
I know exactly how you are feeling. Praying that this week brings some good news.
{R}
You beat me to it! I was just about to leave a message on your blog about Amy's referral. You're next, girl! Hang in there.. it's gotta be soon!
Ryane
Post a Comment