It's hard to believe that next Monday will mark 8 months on the waiting list. And, while there are days that this fact is very hard to face, lately the thought has been almost encouraging. Sure, it's not the timeline I imagined; rarely is anything. But, being this close to 8 months mean we HAVE to be getting close to our referral. Currently, the person at the top of the list has been waiting about 8.5 months. Hopefully, Hanna and Maarten will get their referral this week!
I want to say thank you to everyone who has been keeping us in their prayers! Boy, have I really felt them lately. I have suddenly become very patient with this wait and had a period of several days where I thought very little about it. We had some wonderful weather last Thursday through Saturday and we literally spent 8-10 hours each day outside working in the yard and playing with Grayson. It was so wonderful. Just what we all needed after a long winter! We're back to a couple of days of rain now, but so far I'm still doing pretty well with the home stretch of this wait. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We have decided to be more specific with our prayers. We are asking for a referral in April and a court date for May. We know this is not the norm for court dates right now, but we also know God is capable. We will pray for this multiple times a day and if it's God's will, awesome; if not, at least we tried!
Thank you all again!
4 comments:
Hey Emily...continue to stay encouraged!
Sounds like the calm before the call...you're almost there!
Hang in there! I am sure the call will come very soon! I think it is great to be very specific in your prayers...We are doing the same thing!
Emily,
I do not know how I missed this post. Please hang in there. I love your guidance to me on being specific - you are right...God can handle it. April referral - May court date - I am agreeing with you for that for you!
Post a Comment