That's right; I tore up more carpet:)
It all started with a play date in our neighborhood earlier this week. The other ladies were talking about their hardwood floors and I was sharing that I had just ripped up the carpet in our dining room. They asked if we had hardwood upstairs and said their houses did. So, as soon as I got home, I went up to our bedroom, crawled in the closet, and tore up a corner of the carpet....HARDWOOD:) I checked the linen closet in the hallway and found more! I'm telling you, this discovery really did my soul good. I love old houses, and was beginning to feel our 1968-built home was too new. I had been looking at houses for sale online, dreaming of built-ins, hardwood floors, and leaded glass windows. Aaron was beginning to get really nervous. You see, I'm afraid if we moved again we would have ZERO friends...their backs are still recovering from this past move. So, while it may seem silly to tear up brand new carpet, I can't help it. And, if Aaron acts the least bit annoyed, I just tell him to start packing boxes and he immediately begins admiring the hardwood floors:) No, in all seriousness, he has been VERY helpful in this project. He lugs the carpet to the curb and spends his evenings installing new thresholds between rooms:) Yesterday's project was the upstairs hallway. We are planning to leave the carpet in the bedrooms (for now), but wanted to expose the floors in the hall and eventually down the stairs. I can't wait to begin shopping for an oriental runner to be installed on the stairs:)
1 comment:
Love the hardwood! You rock!
Post a Comment