I bought a few new Photoshop actions yesterday. I've really enjoyed learning Photoshop and how each layer you apply effects your original picture. But, I have to say, it's nice to have a set of actions you can click on and let Photoshop do the rest. It may seem like "cheating," but the great thing is you can then study each layer that the action applied and learn a lot about Photoshop. So, it may be a short cut, but one you can learn a lot from. And, it still doesn't change the fact that you have to have a good picture to start with. Or, the fact that each action does not look good on every picture. So, it does require using your personal judgement to decide which action best enhances each picture. Here are a couple before and afters:)


The differences are very subtle, but I think when it comes to Photoshop, less is definitely more:)

No comments:
Post a Comment