Today's project to keep me busy was in the playroom. I painted it a few weeks back and am now working on getting things on the wall. I've started a collage of photos on one wall, but am still waiting for a couple more pictures until it is complete. My other project was buying some cheap clocks at Wal-Mart ($3.77 to be exact) and making labels that say Guatemala and Ethiopia. I thought it was a cute way to incorporate these countries in the kids' daily lives. They'll always know what time it is where they were born!
The second picture makes the walls look a little brighter than they actually are! I'll post pictures of my photo collage once it's complete.
In other news, I'm really excited about a play date I'm hosting at our house next week! Me and 3 or 4 other ladies adopting from Ethiopia are getting together to spend some time together and to let our kids play together. I'm just so excited that there are other wonderful families in our area that are as excited as we are about adopting and realize the importance of networking with other adoptive families. I know that we will face some challenges as a transracial and transcultural family and I know that these relationships we are building will help us through those times.
1 comment:
Those clocks are AWESOME! Great idea!
Post a Comment