Wednesday, September 24, 2008

4 weeks waiting!

That's right...we've been on the waiting list for 4 weeks now! The No. 4 engine on the Island of Sodor is Gordon, the strongest engine (and therefore a little arrogant) on the whole island! For the most part, time is flying by! We're staying busy playing, going to bible study, and going to campus to walk and play on the playground in the evenings. The wait is definitely the hardest on me. I asked Aaron the other day if he even knew how long we had been on the waiting list and he said, "no," just as I suspected. I think to him, and many men in his situation, it's just not real until the referral. He just kind of dives into work and home life and when we get a referral, great, but until then, no sweat. I think he's also still a little concerned about Grayson getting enough attention with another baby around. So, while I know he's excited, I think he's just trying to savor every minute of being a family of 3 while he can. Oh, if only I could be as calm as he is! I think it's just that I remember so well the feeling of getting Grayson's referral. Who wouldn't be extremely anxious to do that all over again? I'm also very curious to know how old our little guy is. He could be 3 months, or he could be 11 months. It's such a big age range when you're talking about infants. Will he already be crawling, or walking? Will he have teeth and a head full of hair? Will it be straight or curly? I try picturing him in my mind, based on pictures I've seen of other families who have received referrals, and I come up with a modge-podge of faces and eyes and hair. But, with all the uncertainties, there is one thing I know for sure. We will receive our referral in God's perfect timing, not a minute too soon or too late. And, when that day comes, that little boy will have been brought into this world to be our son. Or rather, we will have been brought into the world to be his mom and dad, just as we were brought here to be Grayson's parents. Oh, I can't wait to see my little Abram's face!

1 comment:

Sparkz said...

1 month down! Congrats!